Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:08:17 +0200
From:      cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Realtek RTL8111C and re(4) driver

Hello,

I'm about to get an MSI K9A2GM-FIH mobo with an on-board Realtek
RTL8111C GigE adapter (I've picked that because the on-board Radeon HD
3200 RS780 chip seems supported by the radeon(4x) xorg driver).

Unfortunately, I (wrongly) assumed that the RTL8111C would be
supported by the rl(4) or re(4) driver, and noticed a bit too late
kern/123123.

So the question: has anyone with an RTL8111C actually tried the
patches from this PR on RELENG_7? All I need for now is 100Mbit/s
Ethernet with no frills (no offloading etc...), and I'd rather not
sacrifice one PCI slot for an extra NIC if at all possible.

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/