Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 14:34:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        julian@whistle.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: size of partitions

 * I'm setting myself up a machine here..
 * how big are /usr/ports and /usr/local/bin and/usr/X11R6
 * after a make of EVERYTHING on the ports collection?
 *
 * (I'll allow for make clean on usr/ports, but distfiles
 *  must get to some large size.)

It's somewhere around 1.2GB.  local+X11R6 is ~800MB, ports is ~600MB.
This is on my package building machine for 2.2, so it includes all
free distfiles (like different resolutions for print/pkfonts) but not
NO_CDROM or RESTRICTED ones.  I'm not counting the packages, that
would be another ~400MB.

Satoshi