Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:20:02 GMT
From:      "Peter Wemm" <peter@wemm.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/119516: panic: _mtx_lock_sleep: recursed on non-recursive mutex rtentry @ /usr/src/sys/net/route.c:1287

The following reply was made to PR amd64/119516; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Peter Wemm" <peter@wemm.org>
To: "Niels Bakker" <niels=freebsd@bakker.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 20:44:41 -0800

 I think this is the same problem that I reported in kern/116172.  I
 have a user-mode ipv6 tunnel using tun0.  If I have active ssh
 sessions while I reboot, the tunnel driver is killed instantly at the
 first sigterm.  The machine then panics with the same recursive mutex
 problems that you describe above as it tries to send the tcp resets
 from ssh/sshd while tun0 is being torn down and routes being
 destroyed.

 Sorry that's no help to you.  But you're not alone.