Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 12:20:34 -0400
From:      Tim Palmer <tim@hudsonnet.com>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1, 3c590 cards and updating

Well, I'm a mostly happy BSD newbie. At the moment, the main
thing I can't do is talk to my 3Com 3c590 PCI ethernet card. I
understand it is not supported in 2.1, but is in one of the later SNAPs.
I'm unclear about doing this update thang. Do I really have to "sup" or
"CTM" the entire tree? I realize there are many dependancies, but is
there a way to be more limited about updating? I'll get adventurous
later, but at the moment me needs are fairly basic

Thanks for your time and a very cool system - both FreeBSD and Walnut
Creek!
Tim Palmer
tim@hudsonnet.com