Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:28:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Miten N. Mehta" <mnm3866@unix.tamu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3COM 3c900 TPO card and Free BSD

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Miten N. Mehta wrote:

> Can any one please tell me whether freeBSD has got the drivers for 3COM
> 3c900 TPO ( 3COM etherlink XL ) cards or not?

It does, but you don't want it.  I had one of these cards, and they error
on me constantly.  They have a very small input buffer, and this is for a
10/100mbit card!  :( Plus, this card runs in PIO (slower) mode since 3com
won't give out the busmaster driver specs.

I highly recommend picking up a Digital-based card, generally made by
Kingston, Dayna, Digital, SMC, and others.  Try to shoot for a 10mbit card
only, the 10/100's are changing and the driver hasn't caught up yet.

> And if yes, what does freeBSD call that device as? (like ep0 for 3COM 3c509)

For reference it's called vx0.

>         "  BE  PROUD  TO  BE  AN  INDIAN  "

Your sig is longer than your message.  You might consider trimming it.