Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 00:46:46 +0700
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@norilsk.ru>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sound server problem.

Hello!

	I cannot get sound to work under FreeBSD.
I have reconfigured and recompiled the kernel to
support: SB16, OPL, MPU401 and MIDI (i have
Sound Blaster 32) and it even clicks while loading
of the kernel.
	I have /dec/audio .

	However, i cannot get sound in DOOM,
BOING or GALAXA (those are the onlt games that,
i am sure, have sound). They say that they cannot
connect to the Sound Server. The only server that i
found is AU (Network Sound Server). I started it and
it seemed to work (it does not exit, just hange in there).
However, i still don't get any sound. Linux Doom still
says that sound server is not found.

	Please, if anyone managed to get sound to
work, share your expereince with me.

Thank you.
Regards,
Artem Koutchine