Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 16:00:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        amobbs@allstor-sw.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disabling Disconnects on 53c810a

[ Sorry for the delay in answering, I was at FreeBSDCon ]

amobbs@allstor-sw.co.uk wrote...

> I want to disable disconnects in order to test a theory about a problem that I'm
> seeing.
>
> However, looking at the bus on a SCSI analyzer, the CAM_DIS_DISCONNECT flag
> doesn't seem to have the desired effect. The identify message is still reporting
> as 0xC0, i.e. disconnects allowed. This isn't surprising, as I can't find any
> mention of the CAM flag in ncr.c.

Right, it looks like the NCR driver doesn't honor the CAM_DIS_DISCONNECT
flag.  The Adaptec driver does, FWIW.

> Is there any method of disabling disconnects with the NCR driver?

Have you tried using camcontrol(8) to disable disconnects?  e.g.:

camcontrol negotiate da0 -v -D disable

I think that should work with the NCR driver.

> What's the difference between CAM_DIS_AUTODISC and CAM_DIS_DISCONNECT? (Sorry if
> that's a stupid question, I'm not very familier with low-level SCSI).

I think CAM_DIS_AUTODISC is for disabling disconnects in target mode, if I
read the CAM spec right.  (If you want to look at the CAM specs, go to
www.t10.org.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry