Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:59:34 -0400
From:      Sean Santry <santry@bc.edu>
To:        Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another 1371 patch

Russell -

I applied the patch on my 3.3-RELEASE machine with my SB PCI128 (ES1370)
card and lost all sound :-).  To be a little more specific, the driver
loaded on startup, cat /dev/sndstat looked alright, but adjusting the
mixer volume had no effect (i.e. 'mixer vol 100; mixer' showed the
volume still as 0).  Obviously catting AU files to /dev/audio produced
no sound.
I'm not sure what I can send you for debugging info (never messed around
with audio drivers much), but if you let me know what information you
need, I'll send it right along.

- Sean