Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Convert all packages to ports

--- On Thu, 7/1/10, Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Q: Is there a simple way to replace each "package" with the
> locally compiled "port"?

portmaster -f -a

> Ideally the procedure will not ask me any questions

Be prepared to answer hundreds of "options" questions.  To take the default option you must press "TAB, ENTER" to each query.  Have fun!

Chris

TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER, TAB, ENTER