Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:33:09 EST
From:      JASONNYQ <JASONNYQ@aol.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd installation

please help me with freebsd installation

how i installed freebsd

step1. make a boot floppy --> makeflp.bat

step2. boot up using the boot floppy

step3. went into user config
          i had 23 conflicts i reconfigure and had 0 conflicts after that

step4 set my disk geometry to match the settings
          disk geometry 969/128/63

step5 delete dos slice and create bsd slice of 1 gigabyte
          set the partition active

step6 creating the file type root,swp and var
         i use auto defaults
the root file system has 32 mb    part(wd0s1a)
     var                          30 mb    part(wd0s1e)
     swap files                73 mb   part(wd0s1b)
     usr                         887 mb  part(wd0s1f)

step7 i chose the installation media CD ROM

step8 i installed the everything

i had 2 errors on tty2 screen

messages DEBUG: ERROR mount /dev/wcd0c
                                                   fstab
spoke to the technician at walnut creek he said those are not really errors
that would affect installation

step9: i restart my system (i took out the boot floppy)

i got the message can' find boot.config
then i got the next message can't find the kernel
i try at the boot prompt kernel.GENERIC
i got the same message can't find the kernel

at the boot default prompt
 BOOT DEFAULT:
               0:wd(0,a)kernel
message

i appreciate if you can help me i am really frustrated at this point

thank you frustrated unix student