Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:10:31 -0800
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   What version OS do I need to sup the ports now?

Hey Folks,

    I just tried to build GIMP and I SUP ports every night.  I get the
error

Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk.  You need a fresh mak
e world or an upgrade kit.  Please go to http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/
or a mirr or site and follow the instructions

My machine is FreeBSD 3.3.  I gather I have to be running -current to
run the latest ports?  Or will RELEASE work?

BTW I found no direct instructions nor anything on this in the FAQ on
ports.

Thanks,
George