Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2017 08:15:20 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dependencies satisfied, build stops anyway.
References:  <20171123051228.GA64807@www.zefox.net> <2ab2735988a2d2dee23f00834dee872b@udns.ultimatedns.net> <CAN6yY1unNAE5n-1e0dp9cyfR=5DFjxk_h2gMLrGB2CvgGZCxCA@mail.gmail.com> <20171124175558.GA70538@www.zefox.net> <CAN6yY1spiKTahReLuAbO3oE8bCQXr28%2BMeU-D%2BmPTuXshj8kDw@mail.gmail.com> <20171125185425.GA74836@www.zefox.net> <CAN6yY1sCist1cz5%2BNuw6=w3Cj5pO=-3uOcfQUaL_ODjdufttWg@mail.gmail.com> <20171126071841.GA77654@www.zefox.net> <CAN6yY1s1cT2w8UP9BLjm1k=hUSJxHEJar2ECp3rVH2LKdDnPCw@mail.gmail.com>

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 11:38:41PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Bob,
>
> BATCH is not deprecated, but it's "portmaster -mBATCH x11/xorg". You also
> don't need to cd to the port directory for portmaster.
> BATCH is a make variable. (See man portmaster). Ihave not used BATCH in a
> while. It is possible that you need "-mBATCH=yes".

The command running is
make -DBATCH
in /usr/ports/x11/xorg. Portmaster simply didn't run, whether in
/usr/ports or /usr/ports/x11/xorg.

This morning, there was a dialog box asking if llvm4 should be built. Knowing
that the system already uses llvm5 I unselected all the boxes and hit ok.
The system reported downloading llvm4, but then promptly moved on to to other
software, so I am doubtful it actually did anything with the files.

Altogether it seems that ports building has changed significantly. Whether
it's intrinsic to ports, or an artifact of my system, is unclear.
The change seems to have occurred around the armv6/v7 split, but that bears
no obvious connection. It also coincides with the use of /tmp directories
for compilation, which might be more relevant. If this isn't a local problem
it seemingly must be arm or possibly rpi2-related.

Thanks again for reading!

bob prohaska