Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:26:55 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing 2.1.6-RELEASE up to 2.2.5-STABLE

On Tue, Feb 24, 1998 at 09:02:43PM -0500, Matt Behrens wrote:
> I have a 2.1.6-RELEASE CD that I want to donate to a poor friend.  Can she
> subsequently use cvsup to bring her system up to 2.2.5-STABLE, and if so,
> does anyone remember all the extra steps involved?

The tutorial at

  http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html

*should* cover all the necessary steps, including things like the addition
of extra groups.

If she's got the patience I'd appreciate her working through the tutorial
and getting back to me with any comments or suggestions for improvements
she has afterwards.

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
			     . . . and relax