Date:      Sun, 01 Jul 2001 06:12:43 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: BSD, .Net comments - any reponse to this reasoning?

Actually, the BASIC used on the Commodore 64 and VIC-20 was licensed from
Microsoft.  It said so in the startup screen.  This was perhaps the first
time I'd ever heard of Microsoft.  But my understanding is that it was
ported to many different microcomputers.  There wasn't such an effort to
"lock" users into one platform since Microsoft hadn't yet established a
presence of it's own.

--Chip Morton