Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:05:12 +0100
From:      Ian Vaudrey <ivaudrey@test.nemko.ltd.uk>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing sendmail sources after the fact, and a quick sendmail question

Dan Busarow wrote:

> Instead of doing that, just go to http://www.sendmail.org and pick
> up the latest version of sendmail sources.  The makesendmail
> script knows about FreeBSD and builds out of the box.

I've built and installed the latest version (8.8.6) on my 2.2.2-RELEASE
box, but now when I start sendmail it logs "unable to write
/var/run/sendmail.pid" errors in the maillog. I've not changed any
permissions, and never saw this with 8.8.5.

Any ideas on how to stop this would be gratefully received.

 - Ian