Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 18:52:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Srilakshmi Sathanoori <ssathano@bev.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CD problems

Subject adjusted.

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Srilakshmi Sathanoori wrote:

>   I had initally sent my mail to the wrong address.

Oops.

> I have an Atapi Cd rom drive.  I had installed freebsd on my computer from the cd
> I had bought from my school (Virginia Tech).  I would like to know as to how
> should support the device to run my Freebsd without any errors.

Question #1:  What version are you running?  Look at the boot messages or
login messages; or run 'uname-a'.

> If I have the cd in the drive, freebsd runs without any errors

Well, then, what's your problem?  :-)  I think you meant that it has
problems, and get this error message:

> such as "files systems not mounted correctly".

I haven't seen that.  There is a message "Filesystems not dismounted
correctly" which you get when you boot up after not running shutdown(8) to
close down the system before powering it off.

Yes, you can't just turn the machine off!  Run