Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:28:42 +0100
From:      "Ross Draper" <Ross.Draper@gcapmedia.com>
To:        <jgordeev@dir.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vrrp/CARP/ucarp Problems

Hi
=20
Firstly, many thanks to Stefan (who provided me a diff of the CURRENT
update) and Bruce for advising me that the "multiple CARP interface
destroy" bug is fixed in CURRENT.
=20
Jordan, thanks for your reply, but I cant find a reference to CARP being
unsuitable for this purpose in the CARP man page, have I perhaps
misunderstood you?  I also did a quick search of the freebsd.org site
and cant find any mention of it being an issue - If you could provide me
with a link I'd be grateful.
=20
Further to this, I have been in the office today performing local
testing as opposed to remote testing and have noticed that when both
machines in the cluster are using xl network cards, failover etc seems
fine.  However, when having one node using xl and the other using em/bge
I can see the em or bge card physically go down after it reverts to
backup mode, then come back up and goto master. (this wasnt displaying
in the messages log, but was obvious on the console).  I believe that
this down period is sufficient for it to miss the remaining
advertisements and believe it is the master again.  For some reason it
doesnt seem to ever remove the mac address or recover after this point,
but I'm not particularly suprised.  Not sure how to take this further,
but I'll continue fiddling.
=20
Many thanks
=20
Ross
=20
=20
=20

All correspondence, attachments and agreements remain strictly subject to f=
ully executed contract. (c) GCap Media plc 2006. All rights remain reserved=
. This e-mail (and any attachments) contains information which may be confi=
dential, subject to intellectual property protection and may be legally pri=
vileged and protected from disclosure and unauthorised use. It is intended =
solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed a=
nd others specifically authorised to receive it. If you are not the intende=
d recipient of this e-mail or any parts of it please telephone 020 7054 800=
0 immediately upon receipt. No other person is authorised to copy, adapt, f=
orward, disclose, distribute or retain this e-mail in any form without prio=
r specific permission in writing from an authorised representative of GCap =
Media plc. We will not accept liability for any claims arising as a result =
of the use of the internet to transmit information by or to GCap Media plc.

GCap Media plc. Registered address: 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA.  =
Registered in England & Wales with No. 923454