Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:37:06 +0200
From:      "Frank Behrens" <frank@pinky.sax.de>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf eates syn packet?

Max Laier <max@love2party.net> wrote on 2 Aug 2007 17:15:
> Can you follow up with the complete pf.conf you are using?  The "state

I'll send you the complete file in a personal mail.

> insert failed" error suggests a logic problem in your config (or a missed
> PF_TAG_GENERATED somewhere).  It seems that the same packet is run
> through the firewall twice, generating state on the first run, but not
> matching it on the second ... somehow strange.

As I wrote in my 1st message the following statements may produce the problem:

nat inet from !tun2-address to any port = http -> tun2-address
nat on tun0 inet from <intern> to any -> tun0-address
pass out quick on tun0 route-to (tun2 tun2-peer) inet from tun2-address to any keep state
pass out quick on tun2 route-to (tun0 tun0-peer) inet from tun0-address to any keep state

The reason for this setup is, that I want to use policy based routing. The http port ist an easy
to test example. I have 2 DSL/pppoe connections with NAT and tun0 has the default route
assigned. I want
- route some traffic from LAN (NATed) to tun2
- route some traffic from gateway to tun2

May be there is a better solution?

Regards,
  Frank
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.