Date:      Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:10:42 +0000
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   which linux to use with portinstall and up to date world?

So many choices :)

I am updated through today.  Which way *should* I be enabling linux
compatibility?  with a port? setting it with /stand/sysinstall?  I know
that I and others have managed to create conflicts in the past, so
what's my best bet?  I need to run netscape, staroffice, and vmware (I
think that's all).

In particular, I assume it's linux_base-62, linux_base-7, or linux_base
that I want, but which?

thanks

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail