Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 03:08:11 -0300
From:      Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
To:        Patrick Simon <mailsimon@gmx.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Book?

> Patrick Simon wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm considering to have FreeBSD 4.0 running on my laptop as a router.
> I already tried my first installation and I failed. I think I just
> need a good book that helps me out. But I'm actually looking for a
> book that is introducing to the installation process but also
> providing help for building your on kernel or setting up a router.
> I also would appreciate a demanding book. So if you guys know a good
> book that could help please write me back as soon as possible.
>
> My mailadress: mailsimon@gmx.net
>
> Thank you very much in advance.. guys ...

Try Greg Lehey one, The Complete FreeBSD! It can be bought at
www.cdrom.com!
It's a must have for beginner.

Even if you have a prior experience with linux, i suggest you that book.
It were written for beginner, so it's worth, you can do no wrong.

After you got some experience with Free, it will be the time to get into
some thing like:

UNIX System Administration Handbook
TCP/IP Network Administration
DNS and BIND
Essential System Administration
..
etc

I hope it helps.

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect!

Reboot now?   [ OK]