Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:42:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, giorgosfm@yahoo.gr
Subject:   Re: Does 82915PM/GMS support dri???

giorgosfm@yahoo.gr wrote:
 > i have a problem configuring dri support for my laptop (a celeron
 > 1.5Ghz, with i915GM GMCH chipset and 768Mb memory). Does anyone knows
 > firstly if there is a support for this chipset? If so, can you please
 > check the glxinfo and dmesg and tell me what's wrong?

I also have a notebook with 915GM, and DRI works perfectly
fine out of the box (using FreeBSD 6.2).  For comparison,
you can find dmesg, pciconf etc. here:

http://www.secnetix.de/~olli/dmesg/centaur/

Make sure you have the "agp", "drm" and "i915drm" devices
compiled into your kernel (or have them loaded as modules,
but personally I prefer to compile them statically into my
kernel).  You should also have the latest version of the
"graphics/dri" port installed (and latest version of X.org,
of course).

Best regards
   Oliver

 > Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
 > advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
        -- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh