Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:14:31 -0800
From:      Jamie Lawrence <jal@42is.com>
To:        krusosky@erols.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple Text 32K--Upgrade

At 4:48 PM -0500 on 11/26/97, charles t.krause wrote:

> I am running a Mac 575 Performa System OS 7.6..Apple tell me I can not
> open document larger than 32K and to do so I need to use a better text
> editor like BBEdit or similar.
> What steps must I do to use FreeBSD? Can I use a CD?
> Can you walk me through the steps.
> Thank you.
>
> <krusosky@erols.com>

I think you're a little confused. FreeBSD only runs on the PC platform.
Look at NetBSD/OpenBSD for Macintosh compatability.

Also, if you just want to get around the 32K TextEdit limit imposed
by MacOS, getting BBEdit or similar is going to be a much easier
solution than switching operating systems. But yes, vi, emacs, etc.
all can handle greater than 32K of text...

-j