Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:53:56 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
Cc:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: windows font ? Can I use it ?

Nadav Eiron:
 |On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
 |>
 |> The subjects say all...
 |>
 |> Can I use windows font under X. ?
 |
 |No.

If they're True-Type Fonts, possibly.  I've had reasonable luck with
ttf2bdf.  It's what was used to produce the FreeType and ShareType font
distribututions (the former has been made a FreeBSD package).  And I've
used ttf2bdf to convert some other Windoze TTFs I've found lying around on
the net (Trek fonts, etc.) for use on my FreeBSD and Solaris boxes.

Attached is the message I saved off regarding this package.

Randall Hopper