Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:20:14 -0500
From:      darklogik@pittgoth.com
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/33137: Fix typos in X section of the FAQ

I belive the documentation project primer also speaks against using
such contractions because they make language conversion
difficult, along with not really being "proper".  I found it hard working
on my current projects using phrases as "which does not" instead
of "which don't" or "which doesn't".  But i'm starting to get rather
used to it.

> I agree. I have always been taught that you are not supposed to use
> contractions such as "doesn't" in formal documents.
>
> Kent
Tom (darklogik) Rhodes
http://www.Pittgoth.com The Dark Portal Project
http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve