Date:      Sat, 09 Aug 1997 01:37:43 +0000
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 93cx6.c??

>I read the comments at the beginning of this file, and it appears to be a
>serial eeprom driver. So the question is, why's it in the scsi directory?
>
>- alex

Because it is only used by the aic7xxx.c driver and it's interface,
although somewhat generic, may not work for accessing 93cx6 seeproms
on other devices.  For example, I recently added support to read
the seeprom on a 2842 to this code (not yet committed) and I had
to make quite a few changes to the interface to make if flexible
enough to be shared by the 2842 probe code and the aic78X0 probe
code. I believe that the there are quite a few drivers (de??, fxp??)
that access a 93cx6, so it may be worth changing the interface to
make it even more flexible and making these other drivers use it,
but until that happens, I don't think its worth moving it.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations