Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:03:24 +0100
From:      Rickard Borgmäster <doktorn@realworld.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System-wide environment variables

I need to set these variables on my system:

export
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X1
1R6/bin export PS1=$'[ \\u@\\h:\\w ] \\$ '
export GLIB_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/glib12-config
export GTK_CONFIG=/usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config
export IMLIB_CONFIG=/usr/X11R6/bin/imlib-config

export LC_MESSAGES=en_US.ISO_8859-1
export LC_COLLATE=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1
export LC_CTYPE=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1
export LC_MONETARY=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1
export LC_NUMERIC=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1
export LC_TIME=en_US.ISO_8859-1

Right now I have them put into my .bashrc, which isn't really that
good. It means that I have to launch all my programs from a terminal
get these variables set.

I cannot use a .xinitrc since gdm bypasses this (at least I think).

Where should i put this? Into rc.conf.local or something maybe?

--

Rickard