Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:48:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Alexandre L." <axelbsd@ymail.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem using Portmaster to upgrade installed ports via packages only

First, Thanks Doug for responding to my mails. =0A=0A> > I don't know (or u=
nderstand) if I have to set a value=0A> to=0A> > PM_SU_VERBOSE=0A> =0A> Tha=
t depends on your goal. Why are you setting this?=0AI thought that PM_SU_VE=
RBOSE will explain the errors about my sudo problem. I can use portmaster w=
ith sudo only with the command : =0A#sudo portmaster <-options>=0Abut not w=
ith .portmasterrc, or /etc/portmaster.rc=0A=0A> > I have tried to set PM_SU=
_VERBOSE=3D/usr/local/bin/sudo=0A> > without success If you can help me her=
e, I have read=0A> the manpage=0A> > hundred times, but haven't found where=
 I am wrong.=0A> =0A> Please copy and paste the parts of the man page that =
are=0A> confusing. That=0A> will help me improve it.=0A=0AI think I have mi=
sunderstood the using of PM_SU_VERBOSE. I thought that PM_SU_VERBOSE was th=
e verbose mode of PM_SU_CMD. As you describe in your mail, the using of thi=
s option is not applied for my case. =0A=0A> Meanwhile, you might also cons=
ider simply running=0A> portmaster as root.=0A> There is nothing preferable=
 about running it with sudo, it=0A> is a feature=0A> that I added because u=
sers so often requested it.=0AI have apply your advice, and I haven't got p=
roblem. Now I can install ports from packages (if available) or from source=
s.=0A =0AReally, thanks again Doug for your help, and advices.=0A=0AAlexand=
re.=0A=0A=0A