Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 15:54:38 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdn cards

Hi,

I previously said:
> I know there are currently no drivers available for North American ISDN
> systems, but several people have proposed working on such a beast.
>I have a chance to pick up a couple cheaply and am wondering whether

I have just been kicking around the idea of using the motorola isdn
bitsurfr pro ISA (ie, the internal card as oppossed to the external
device) as one would the external device.  Specifically the box says
is uses an internal 16550 with the standard AT command set.  So given
that I have already setup a PPP connection on FreeBSD with kernel PPP
and an external bitsurfr, wouldn't it also be possible to do the same
with the ISA card version (although I suspect I would have no access to
the fancy SOHO features till a true driver was written)?
Has anyone tried this?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD