Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:10:58 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Commands

On 2004-06-15 12:40, Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have the FreeBSD Handbook on a computer hard drive. There isn't any
> mention of the line commands that FreeBSD uses or recognizes in the
> handbook. Where do I find these?

Hi Lloyd,

Others have already mentioned the "Basics" section of the Handbook.
I just wanted to add two more references that might be handy to get
you started:

 1. Anderson, Annelise.  "For People New to Both FreeBSD and UNIX(TM)".
    http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/new-users/

 2. Gonzato, Guido.  "From DOS/Windows to Linux HOWTO".
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/DOS-Win-to-Linux-HOWTO.html

It might intrigue some and seem curious to others that I---a long time
FreeBSD user and advocate---would point to a Linux HOWTO.  The truth is
that most of the tips that apply for getting people acquainted with
Linux are also good advice for using *any* UNIX system.

Welcome to FreeBSD then,

- Giorgos