Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:55:10 +0000
From:      dicen@hooked.net
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with make world.

make world fails for me on both the 2.2 alpha release and the current
release.

Output.....

cc -O2 -m486 -pipe -I/usr/src_stable/src/usr.bin/make   -c
/usr/src_stable/src/usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstSucc.c
cc -O2 -m486 -pipe -I/usr/src_stable/src/usr.bin/make    -o make arch.o
buf.o compat.o cond.o dir.o for.o hash.o job.o main.o make.o parse.o
str.o suff.o targ.o var.o util.o lstAppend.o lstAtEnd.o lstAtFront.o
lstClose.o lstConcat.o lstDatum.o lstDeQueue.o lstDestroy.o lstDupl.o
lstEnQueue.o lstFind.o lstFindFrom.o lstFirst.o lstForEach.o
lstForEachFrom.o lstInit.o lstInsert.o lstIsAtEnd.o lstIsEmpty.o
lstLast.o lstMember.o lstNext.o lstOpen.o lstRemove.o lstReplace.o
lstSucc.o
install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555   make /usr/bin
pwd: No such file or directory
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I have a link for /usr/src_stable/src to /usr/src. It would do this even
when the source was in /usr/src so that is not the problem. There is no
pattern when the "pwd: No such file or directory" shows up. My path
includes /bin /usr/bin /sbin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin.
I have looked through the mk files but this has stumped me for a while
now.

dicen