Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 00:41:19 -0400
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@hadiko.de>
Cc:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/38649: mplayer-gtk-0.90.0.4 port won't play DVDs..

--==_Exmh_-82028980P

> Have you made sure to use the newest codecs.conf from the
> mplayer-0.90.0.4 port? I have seen this using the codecs.conf file from
> the old mplayer port.

The newest codecs.conf was correctly installed by the port(upgrade), I removed
my .mplayer directory, and it makes no difference. The older version of
codecs.conf saved in that directory can't be parsed by mplayer-0.90.0.4, so it
wasn't being used anyway.

Commenting codecs out doesn't help. I can force some things (a preview on one
disk so far) to be played, but they're extremely laggy (much, much worse than
0.60), and the sound loses sync with lots of error messages.

When the preview is done, it playing the main program, but complains that it's
an encryped VOB and I didn't compile with CSS support (?), and then plays the
video (ironically, at what appears to be a good speed), but it's scrambled...

Weird. 0.60 Just Works for me (as did every previous version of mplayer).

Regards,

AS

--==_Exmh_-82028980P

--==_Exmh_-82028980P--