Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 14:52:17 +1000
From:      Joel Sutton <sutton@aardvark.apana.org.au>
To:        Daniel Hamilton <danielh@telapex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

Daniel,

> > I am interested in becoming a user/developer of FreeBSD.  I am an OS
> > fanatic that collects every version of every OS that I can get my hands
> > on...in doing so I've seen some pretty useless OSes...but FreeBSD is not
> > one of them.  Useless is OS/2 2.0.  I would really appreciate any
> > infromation you could give me about it, including how to get it, and what
> > kind of compilers/languages used with this OS.
>
> Take a look at http://www.freebsd.org. You can download it or get it on
> CD for ~$50 including shipping. You get C/C++, Fortran, Ada, Perl,
> Tcl/Tk, lisp and who knows what else... Look in the ports collection.

There are also an increasing number of emulators available in the
CURRENT ports collection. These include C/PM, DOS and Apple IIGS -
with Atari 800 and Atari 2600 on the way - to name a few. I'll bet
there is at least one OS that you don't have a copy of in there
somewhere. :-)

Check out the software section of the website mentioned above.

Cheers, Joel...