Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:57:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import of tcsh into src/contrib/, replacing src/usr.bin/csh

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 06:15:48PM -0400, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> > What is stopping you from adding libedit support to /bin/csh in the same
> > way it was added to /bin/sh?
>
> I deemed importing Tcsh easier than hacking on csh.  Plus Tcsh is
> maintained.  We don't really have a csh maintainer.  Also libedit doesn't
> do command line completion.

Why can't it do command line completion?

el_set(e, EL_ADDFN, ...) is the hook you would use to do command line
completion.  I'm not sure what the problem is here.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |