Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:59:55 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Rob Andrews <rob@cyberpunkz.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burncd question.  direct reply please.

On Monday 15 July 2002 10:38 pm, Rob Andrews wrote:
| I've recently ran into a question of how to convert some backup
| cd images from a .bin format into .iso for use of being able to
| use the burncd utility on our freebsd box since we have fewer
| problems and errors when burning cd's on that machine.

Well, if this doesn't work you'll have to tell us what a .bin format is, but
it's probably as simple as doing nothing at all.  That is .bin is not
standard file format, but I'd speculate that it stands for "binary."  Since
there is only one ISO standard for CDs, and all CDs conform to them, the vast
majority of CD formats also conform to them, and generally a CD image file is
a CD image file is a CD image file.

Now, I gather that this *is* from WIndows so I could be wrong, but have you
tried just giving that file to burncd (or cdrecord) as is and seeing what
happens?

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org