Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:11:33 +0000
From:      "Rhys John" <elite_bizkit@hotmail.com>
To:        jandrese@mitre.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer keeps screwing my system :(

SUCCESS! I closed artsd from within KDE and I can now use xmms! :) I can now
also use "mplayer -ao oss foo.avi" and for once mplayer closes without any
errors! Thanks Jason :D

>Huh?  Mplayer is killing the terminal you're starting it from?  I've never
>heard of that happening before.  Is the terminal still working, but the
>text is invisible, or is the terminal completely locked up?

On the above topic, the terminal doesnt get closed, the text is just
invisible and backspace doesnt work either. So if i type:

z <back space> exit

Instead of exiting (because back space would normally delete the "z") it
says:

zexit: not found

Anything I type in there after this still remains invisible. Thanks for your
help so far Jason :D saved me from rebuilding... again :)

- BiZKiT