Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:40:05 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jud <Jud@operamail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Nautilus Status?

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 11:35:45AM -0500, Jud wrote:
> I'm interested in trying Nautilus, and note that after cvsup-ing ports a few
> days ago that the Nautilus port is officially broken.  Any current or
> near-future change in that status?  (I've read archives and understand the
> Nautilus port is a bear, so "No" is an entirely acceptable answer. :)

Things aren't going to change any time soon..  I had hoped that the
last step to get 0.5 running would have been the introduction of
the print/freetype2 port but this wasn't the case.

nautilus-0.5 needs devel/bonobo >= 0.26 (we're currently at 0.23, and
0.28 is available).  Unfortunately, everything after 0.23 breaks a lot
of other bonobo-related stuff (it's being worked on in the GNOME cvs
tree, but no new releases have been made yet), which is an unacceptable
tradeoff.

Welcome to the wonderful world of GNOME :)

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			ade@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/