Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "John C. Archambeau" <nxiv@my-deja.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18871: apache13-fp port doesn't install on FreeBSD4.0

The following reply was made to PR ports/18871; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "John C. Archambeau" <nxiv@my-deja.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: sean@mercury1.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:29:30 -0700

 The exact same problem manifests itself under 3.4 and 3.5 Releases.
 Note that the version of FrontPage we should be using should be
 fp40.freebsd.tar.Z  and not fp40.bsdi.tar.Z.  I made the appropriate
 changes to the Makefile in /usr/ports/www/apache13-fp with the same
 results as the original bug.

 Microsoft only certifies their FrontPage 4.0 extensions to work under
 FreeBSD 3.3.  I haven't tried compiling this port under 3.3-Release.  I
 don't know if this is relevant to the bug or not at this time.  I would
 think that there are not signficant enough differences between 3.3 and
 3.4 since only the change_server.sh seems to be affected.  It never
 makes it to the compilation point.

 Apache 1.3.12 itself compiles without any issues and is running on a
 3.4-Release box.
 --
 nxiv@my-deja.com
 JCA