Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 12:29:46 +0100
From:      Bernd Rosauer <br@netland.sub.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        te@informatik.uni-hannover.de, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_create fails at teTeX port

Hi,

I repaired the broken pkg/PLIST and added a script, bin/plist, for
automatic generation of pkg/PLIST.

I installed FreeBSD 2.1.0's version of pkg_install as well as
bsd.port[.subdir].mk on my NetBSD/i386 1.1 host.  There, "make
install" and "make package" work fine.

On my FreeBSD 2.1.0 host, "make install" works but "make package"
crashes because of the pkg_create's failing `tar' envocation (exit
code 512).

Sorry, but I don't have any idea why pkg_create (i.e., the spawned
tar) fails at this target.  (I put Jordan on the Cc: list.)

Is there anyone who could help? -- I uploaded the corrected port
to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/teTeX-port.tgz.

Thanks.

-br

--
Bernd Rosauer