Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:05:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de (Fritz Heinrichmeyer)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install From ATAPI CD ROM

> legal, illegal, sh** egal, nobody will arrest freebsd developers if this
> also works here , is there a technical problem?
>
> --
> Fritz Heinrichmeyer mailto:fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de
> FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
> tel:+49 2331/987-1166 fax:987-355 http://ES-i2.fernuni-hagen.de/~jfh

Depends on what you mean by "technical problem."

The existing ATAPI driver does not support this behavior.  Feel free
to submit patches.  ;)

Having said that, the new ATA driver in -current does support this.
I'm not sure if this will be the default in 4.0-release, but it should
be included, at least.

==ml