Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 22:59:03 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        kline@tera.com
Cc:        black@MR.Net, black@MR.Net, kline@tera.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LFS anyone?

>>>>> Gary Kline <kline@tera.com> writes:
>
> 	Pointers? Names, paths, sites?

There was a discussion about LFS on -hackers and someone posted this
URL (haven't got round to checking it yet myself):-

ftp://ftp.scis.org/pub/lfs/

There's a good discussion of LFS and lots of other internals stuff in
"Unix Internals (The New Frontiers)" by Valhalia. No doubt the new
4.4BSD edition of the daemon book will have something as well.

> 	I'm concerned with the stability of my system!  I do regular
> 	backups and have recently been doing regular fsck's since my
> 	console has been freezing at seemingly random moments.  But
> 	it would be reassuring to know that my filesystem data were
> 	secure.

At the moment, LFS is really only suitable as something for hackers to
experiment with (so I gather). Perhaps when 2.2 is released...

Anyway, the freebsd-fs mailing list is probably the place to watch for
file-system developments.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk