Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:15:04 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        jamie <batsy@io.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nocol/monotoring s/w

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.961010132541.23778A-100000@zot.io.org>you write:
>I have been
>looking for something that will either dial a modem or pager on top of
>just sending mail. Also, if it dials a pager, does can it send
>alphaneumerics or just regular DTMF?

I use the "hylafax" package for sending alpha pages from my FreeBSD box.  You would have to work on integration with your management package but hylafax will dial your pager company and deliver pages for you (but only using the IXO protocol directly to a modem at the paging company, I don't think it will do DTMF at all)

  Bill