Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 18:57:22 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Vadim Kolontsov <vadim@tversu.ru>, Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel/syslogd hack

On Jan 7,  3:35am, Vadim Kolontsov wrote:
}
}   Yes, it's clear. And I like this approach much better than my
} attempts. So if everybody think that using SCM_CREDS is a good idea,
} may be it should be included in -current?

I think so.

} It will not break anything
} (the only thing which will be changed is log format, but using new
} feature can be optional -- just another option for syslogd). And it's
} not hard to implement.

Changing the log format could be bad because it could mess up various
log parsing scripts.  An option would be nice.  It would even be
better if the format could be selected for each logfile.  I don't
know how that could be worked into the syslog.conf format, though.