Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:07:13 +0200
From:      Sven Huster <sven.huster@mailsurf.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>, "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, stable@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3-RC5 now on ftp.freebsd.org

At 00:01 21.04.2001, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> > Hi
> >
> > but if you dont umount /tmp at the end we wont have to
> > mount_null problem (rc.diskless2) with /tmp too in standard setup.
> > so we can remove this there.
>
>I think the goal was to do as little mounts as possible in rc.diskless1
>For the time being, i'd stick with what brian suggested, we
>have not enough time to test things
>
>         cheers
>         luigi

ok for me, but shouldnt there be at least a note for those,
who want to use these rc.diskless* scripts,
that it might be perferable to check to replace /tmp with a symlink or
remove the umount in their setup.

adding a few lines of doc shouldnt be problem, IMHO ;-)

regards

Sven Huster
Senior IT Systems Administrator
*BSD, Linux, Solaris