Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 06:30:06 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PATCHES: NFS server locking support

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> I sent it to -current for the FreeBSD folks.  I sent it to -hackers
> for the NetBSD, BSDi, and non-kernel hacker folks.

Still one list too much.  We were once contemplating modifying
majordomo so that it rejects postings to multiple lists; perhaps we
should really do it.

You can always send a reminder to the other list, it's not that the
list traffic weren't searchable...

> I don't appreciate laziness in mail header rewriting on mailing lists.

Use a mailer that does it for you then.  I consider it extremely
unkind to save 1 minute in not rewriting the headers at the expense of
causing quite a number of people getting duplicates (once discussion
grows).

--
cheers, J"org