Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:40:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Ian Kallen <spidaman@well.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Dell Latitude) psm0/sc0 conflicts killing X?

> I don't know what else changed when I went from 2.2-GAMMA w/o PAO (Used
> the zp drivers from the 3c589) to 2.2.1-RELEASE...

The queing patches were added to the console driver.  And, it works fine
on my 2.2 desktop box and on my laptop, both running Xig's package.  The
queing patches were necessary to avoid lockups on my desktop using Xig's
server, hence the reason I pushed for them in the release.

> I'm on a Dell XPi p100
> and Xinside's X server was doing fine w/ 800X600 @256 but since I ran the
> upgrade and applied the PAO patches, I've had to explicitly re-enable psm0
> by booting w/ -c (other X won't start at all) but the keyboard is dead
> once I'm in X.

It works fine out of X?

> I tried reinstalling Xinside but that made no
> differnce.  Any comments or suggestions (if a look @ my kernel config
> is needed to comment on it, I'll send that along as well) appreciated!

Hmm, can you send me your config file in private email, and I'll compare
it to mine at work?

Nate