Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:15:46 -0500
From:      Lance Bland <lbland@vvi.com>
To:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: splitting mac .hqx file to fit on two disks (and reassmbling?)

On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 09:01 AM, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> I need to bring a 1.9m hqx file home for the kids' mac (nethack, of
> course :)
>
> I need to find something that lets me split it under freebsd in a way
> that the mac can reassemble it (and my mack knowledge is long out of
> date--ppc indeed :)

Upgrade your mac to Mac OS X, which is, essentially, FreeBSD based. And
then use the "split" command from the Unix Terminal Window (and then cat
to cat them together on mac os x):

man split
man: Formatting manual page...

SPLIT(1)                    System Reference Manual
SPLIT(1)

NAME
      split - split a file into pieces

SYNOPSIS
      split [-b byte_count[k|m]] [-l line_count] [file [name]]