Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 18:59:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

> [ moved to -chat ]
>
> Snob Art Genre writes:
> > If you delete /usr/src/games/fortune, I'm going to load Linux on my
> > machine.
>
> Is that a threat or a promise?

Moving this back to Jordan's question ... I hate to lose source code that
has merely sentimental value (I learned C by hacking old games, a while
back) but (with the exception of fortune, which I like on my .cshrc as a
hello type thing) there isn't any game in /usr/src/games that isn't better
managed as a port.  Not one functional line in there.  Takes 7.5 megs of
source.  Reclaims enough to allow for a new package, like maybe Perl5?

Anybody realize that perl is now so out of date in our tree, it's actually
a negative selling point for FreeBSD?  Perl is pretty major for web stuff,
too.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |