Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:02:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with "make release"

Vladimir Litovka wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 > On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Richard J. Dawes wrote:
 > > I too had this problem a month or so back.  It turns out that setting
 > > the COPTS variable in make.conf or with the -D option to include a gcc
 > > optimization level no higher than "-O" (same as "-O1"), i.e. NOT "-O2"
 > > or "-O3", will allow the build to complete.  (At least this is what
 > > worked for me...)  Good luck!
 >
 >  You are right. After I've set everywhere '-O -pipe' buildworld finished
 >  without errors.

That's nice, but it doesn't fix my problem that I described in
the initial posting in this thread.  :-(

 > Optimization.... BTW do FreeBSD's team have plans to use
 >  egcs as main compiler or no? Or gcc 2.8.x at least...

2.8.x is even more buggy then our current gcc.  I don't know
about egcs, though.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)