Date:      18 Oct 2002 03:18:31 -0400
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@viewsnet.com>
To:        Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@Insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Zip Drive

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 00:51, Bryan Cassidy wrote:
> I'm sorry if someone has already answered this but I didnt get it or
> something so I'm asking again. I am wanting to know how to get my Zip
> Drive working in FreeBSD? If someone out there uses a Zip Drive please
> help me out here. I am getting tired of using Floppies.

First question - what kind of Zip drive?  There's about a billion
versions of them out there.  IDE?  USB?  SCSI?  And what capacity?

I have both the IDE and SCSI 100MB versions - the SCSI one shows up as a
plain-jane SCSI device upon bootup.  (The IDE one does as well under
Linux, but I haven't tried it under FreeBSD.)  Basically, you treat them
as standard hard drives, assuming that you use caution when it comes to
the "removable" aspect of things...

As far as the USB versions, I'd guess that they're probably supported by
the umass driver, but that's just a guess...

Sending your "dmesg" output would probably be helpful...

mike