Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:49:35 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS not detected by pcm

Hi,

I'm trying to get an old GUS card to work in 4.1-Stable. I have in my
kernel config:

device pcm
device gusc0 at isa? port 0x240 irq 11 drq5 flags 0x0

since this card is a non-PnP card. I reserved these settings in the
BIOS for ISA (PnP OS is turned off, but turning it on didn't make a difference).
Also, I installed the card in DOS and verified that it works using these
settings. When I boot in FreeBSD with boot -c, the gusc0 device is listed
with the correct settings, no conflict. However, there is no message anymore
during startup that shows that pcm is recognizing the card, and consequently
the card cannot be accessed.

A SB16 card works perfectly in this machine with pcm, and for a long time
I had both this SB16 and a PCI128 working with pcm - no problem at all.

Any idea how to get the good old Gravis going??

Thanks,
Karel.